Dreaming of the end of the First World War - Episode 3
Many of the billions of letters flowing backwards and forwards across the Channel between the trenches and the Home Front reveal hopes and dreams of life after the war's end.
These are the voices of ordinary men and women from Worcestershire and the surrounding counties.
In the last of her series of three programmes University of Worcester historian, Hayley Carter reveals their aspirations.
- Extracts from Dispatches Worcestershire Archive and Archaeological Society.
- Imperial War Museum Archive.
- The Dillen. Memories of a man of Stratford Upon Avon. Oxford University Press.
- The Trustees of the Mercian Regimental Museum (Worcestershire).
- British Newspaper archive.
- Evesham Journal Archive.
Keywords: World War 1, Worcestershire, Women
A celebration of the city’s history and achievements, revealing the wonderfully rich diversity of Birmingham’s people. Illuminating little-known aspects of the city’s history as well as rethinking traditional events and activities. Presenting up-to-date historical and archaeological research to a general readership: locally, nationally and internationally. Written by experienced and distinguished...